We often look to quotes for inspiration and motivation. Quotes are so much more powerful then we think, because they sum up experiences within just a few words. Sometimes they are able to communicate to us a long lost message.
Quotes for me are very similar to the fortune cookies we sometimes come across when we order food. They each tell a unique tale, and in one way or another find a way to connect with the reader.
Here are a few quotes which are not only empowering, but in my opinion they are life changing:
1)”I raise up my voice—not so I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be heard…we cannot succeed when half of us are held back.” ―Malala Yousafzai
2) “It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.” —Madeleine Albright
3) “Feminism isn’t about making women strong. Women are already strong. It’s about changing the way the world perceives that strength.” —G.D. Anderson Getty
4) “I am a Woman Phenomenally. Phenomenal Woman, that’s me.” ―Maya Angelou
6) “A woman with a voice is, by definition, a strong woman.” —Melinda Gates
7) “A feminist is anyone who recognizes the equality and full humanity of women and men.” ―Gloria Steinem
8) “There’s something so special about a woman who dominates in a man’s world. It takes a certain grace, strength, intelligence, fearlessness, and the nerve to never take no for an answer.” —Rihanna in the March 2017 issue of Harper’s BAZAAR.
9) “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” —Michelle Obama
10) “When there are no ceilings, the sky’s the limit. So let’s keep going — let’s keep going until every one of the 161 million women and girls across America has the opportunity she deserves to have.” —Hillary Clinton
11) “Feminism is for everybody” ―bell hooks
12) “Women are leaders everywhere you look—from the CEO who runs a Fortune 500 company to the housewife who raises her children and heads her household. Our country was built by strong women, and we will continue to break down walls and defy stereotypes.” —Nancy Pelosi
13) “The more I have spoken about feminism, the more I have realized that fighting for women’s rights has too often become synonymous with man-hating. If there is one thing I know for certain, it is that this has to stop.” —Emma Watson
14) “Words have power. TV has power. My pen has power.” —Shonda Rhimes
15) “We need women at all levels, including the top, to change the dynamic, reshape the conversation, to make sure women’s voices are heard and heeded, not overlooked and ignored.” —Sheryl Sandberg
16) “We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.”—Beyoncé
17)”A woman is like a tea bag—you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
18) “I think the best role models for women are people who are fruitfully and confidently themselves, who bring light into the world.” —Meryl Streep
19) “Women are the real architects of society.”—Harriet Beecher Stowe
20) “In the future, there will be no female leaders. There will just be leaders.”—Sheryl Sandberg
21) “Human rights are women’s rights and women’s rights are human rights, once and for all.” —Hillary Clinton