Hi friends! How many women around you do see pushing other women to be their best self?
So many successful women have repeatedly emphasized the importance of creating a supportive community amongst women in the workforce. In short- women should support one another. Why is this looked down upon or not given the attention it deserves?
Huffington Post said it best in an article published in 2015:
“There’s too much progress to be gained right now for women to regress into mean, middle-school girls — especially as the world’s girls watch and model our every move.
“There’s a Wonder Woman inside every one of us,” as Diane Von Furstenberg has said. Let’s unleash her this year—to better support one another. To help our sisters, from Africa to Asia, realize long-overdue healthcare, safe water, jobs, and literacy.
To lean into the toughest conflicts around the Earth. To stop turning against and fighting with each other.
We can’t afford to fall back into outdated, destructive ways: when we hold one woman back, we hold all women back. And when we empower and support each other, we all go big. The world is calling for us to go big!”
How POWERFUL are those few paragraphs? Can you imagine how much of an impact women can have if they were to really unite? Once women realize the support system they are surrounded by they truly become unstoppable.
Here are a couple of ways in which you can start implementing this concept right away:
- Start conversations about this topic so that everyone feels comfortable talking about it.
- Be the best version of yourself. Once you allow yourself to be your best self you will want to empower other women too.
- Take a stance against abusive talk and behavior towards women. This kind of talk should not be tolerated.
- Simply be kind to other women.
- Cut out media platforms that advertise women rivals as being positive.
- Compliment a woman colleague.
- Remember to get adequate rest.
You can read in more detail about these options here
So what are you waiting for? Go out there and let’s create this environment because it is long over due!
Have a great day-sending a lot of positive vibes your way,