We Are Relentless.
We Never Give Up.
We Confidently Push For Change.
Always, Always, and Forever.
Yes- It is important to speak on all the work that has to be done in regards to empowering women on a global scale but it is as equally essential to recognize the amazing achievements along the way.
Let’s take a look at all the amazing work that has been achieved thus far, shall we?
- Iceland started off the new year by taking a strong stance on women’s rights. They became the first country to ban unequal pay- this law specifically protects 150,000 workers in Iceland. This law asks that 1,200 companies with approximately 25 workers show their wage scales. How is amazing is that?
- Saudia Arabia lifted the ban off of women drivers. In September, they declared this lift and will follow-through on executing it in June.
- #metoo created a global impact. Here is what the #metoo wave did:
- More women in France went to the police about sexual abuse and made space for their voice to be heard via street protests, petitions, and social media.
- Powerful men in countries like the United Kingdom, Israel, India, and Peru were accused of sexual harassment and lost all power after being proven guilty.
- There was a one third increase in reporting of rapes, sexual assaults, and sexual harassment which is a huge improvement from two years.
- In October, India declared that sex by a man with his minor wife (under 18 years of age) with or without consent is rape. Violation of this law can result in 10 years imprisonment or a lifetime in prison.
- More women in the United States are interested in running for office.
I’d like to thank each and every person that helped the above milestones come to life. These are steps in the right direction and it will only result in more positive outcomes. Let’ continue to uplift each other and make progress together – when one women progresses, everyone around her also progresses.
To read more about the progress being made you can refer to the article here.
Sending a lot of positive vibes your way,